AT Regulatory Connect: Resources to Help Regulators Win
Share on Social Media
At the BOC, we understand that opportunities increase when you help others to win, as a win for Athletic Trainer (AT) regulators is a win for public protection. The BOC is here to support state regulators in achieving their goals by offering helpful resources within the secure AT Regulatory Connect portal.
Often overlooked, we’d like to take a moment to highlight the important tools under the “Resources” tab. Log into your AT Regulatory Connect account and click on the “Resources” button to view the items listed below.
Regulatory Review Toolkit
Our free regulatory review toolkit includes the below information. If needed, contact Shannon Fleming at ShannonF@bocatc.org to request custom documents for your state.
- A sample letter to support the continuation of AT regulation
- Common questions and sample answers
- Comparative data for each state
Guidelines and Considerations for Athletic Trainer Regulatory Language Resource
This document offers the following resources to help develop and edit regulatory language.
- Guidelines - Contains model language as a guide to help regulators establish quality policy for ATs and consumers of athletic training services in their state
- Commentary and Resources - Features an explanation of how and why the Model Language Work Group came to the consensus of the language and resources to support the language
- Considerations - Provides relevant points that should be considered or monitored to be inclusive of ATs
Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) Reports (2005 and 2014)
In September 2014, the BOC and Athletic Rehabilitation Therapy Ireland (ARTI) signed an agreement that built upon the 2005 MRA with Canadian Athletic Therapists Association (CATA). Under the agreement, the national certification bodies for athletic training and athletic therapy in all three countries will recognize each other’s education and certification standards. On November 29, 2019, CATA resigned from the MRA. The “Resources” tab offers both the 2005 and 2014 agreements
BOC Exam Facts and BOC Discipline Process Easy-Reference Sheets
State regulators are offered these easy-reference sheets as an opportunity to better understand BOC exam and discipline processes.
Practice Analysis, 7th Edition
The Practice Analysis identifies essential knowledge and skills for the athletic training profession and serves as a blueprint for exam development and continuing competence programming. This is an important resource for all athletic training regulators.