As a reminder, ALL ATs need to complete Continuing Education and Recertification Fee requirements by December 31, 2013. Although no requirements are due at the end of this year, the BOC offers a FREE service that can help you identify what areas you may need more knowledge and skills in to determine your continuing education needs before the deadline approaches.
The BOC’s Professional Development Needs Assessment (PDNA) is a tool intended to empower Athletic Trainers (ATs) of all experience levels to engage in self reflection with the goal of assessing professional
development needs across the domains of athletic training as defined in the BOC Role Delineation Study/Practice Analysis, Sixth Edition. PDNA results are for personal use only and in no way impact current certification status.
ATs can use the results of a PDNA to:
- Form the framework for a professional development plan
- Identify professional growth opportunities
- Identify gaps in knowledge and skills for a specific practice area
- Link current skills and abilities to critical job skills and performance plans
- Assess learning needs prior to transitioning from one area of practice to another
- Assess learning needs prior to re-entering the workforce after a prolonged absence from practice
Be Certain.™ to stay on target with your recertification goals. Read more about your certification information in the winter Cert Update, which will be in your mailbox early December.
Written By: Brittney Ryba