Download Media Kit
The BOC has developed new services with you in mind. As the worldwide leader in credentialing and the only Athletic Trainer certifying body, we can help you promote your programs and services with a variety of print and electronic opportunities, including the following:
- Cert Update
- Email Blast Services and Mailing List Services
- Website Advertising
- Athletic Trainer Regulatory Conference Sponsorship
We have the largest and cleanest list of Certified Athletic Trainers (ATs) in the United States and internationally. Use the BOC’s services to reach ATs via email or mail to support your sales and marketing efforts. Lists can be targeted in a variety of ways to reach the audience you want. The BOC can send an email blast or mailing on your behalf or supply the list to a mail house. This service includes competitive, discounted fees and saves time.
Contact Mindy Lindquist at (402) 559-0091 or
for your order form and package information.
- Web Advertising Space
- Print Advertising Space
- Advertising Design
- Email Blast Services and Mailing List Services
- Email Design
The Cert Update
is published twice a year with summer and winter editions. Reserve your space early to get premium ad placement. You can supply your own artwork by following the BOC’s guidelines or provide your information, and the BOC can create your advertisement for you.
||March 31, 2017
||April 7, 2017
||Week of June 2, 2017
||September 1, 2017
||September 8, 2017
||Week of November 3, 2017
|Full Page w/Full Bleed*
|1/2 Page (horizontal)
|1/3 Page (vertical)
|1/4 Page (vertical)
|1/4 Page (horizontal)
|1/6 Page (vertical)
|1/6 Page (horizontal)
Advertising rates subject to change. Discounts may be available for multiple issue placements. Contact Mindy Lindquist at (402) 559-0091 or
for package pricing.
*Bleed requirements: Copy must measure at least 8-5/8" x 11-1/8" with usable area within 8-1/8" x 10-5/8"
- Trim size: 8-3/8" x 10-7/8"
- Files must be 300 dpi, absolute minimum would be 150 dpi
- Digital ad provided as a PDF, EPS or TIFF file
- Fonts must be embedded and/or converted to outline
- Hard copy must be mailed or faxed
- Four-color: The BOC requires a color proof; PMS colors must be submitted as four-color process
Request a Quote
Download List Order Form
BOC email blasts are an easy and convenient way to reach your athletic training audience. When using a BOC email blasts you can Be Certain.
™ you are reaching active ATs. We have the largest and cleanest list of ATs in the United States and internationally. We can customize your list according to state, postal code, county, radius, NATA district, professional setting and date certified. You can purchase a list as small as 10 addresses to the whole database of more than 45,000 -- no limits. Our services include sending an email on your behalf and we provide email campaign tracking. Contact Mindy Lindquist at (402) 559-0091 or
for your order form.
Email tracking provides:
- Target marketing to recipients who meet a certain criteria
- Link tracking to identify what products/services a particular recipient might be interested in
- Link totals to allow you to gauge the overall demand for certain products/services
- Number of reopens and forwards, as well as the view time, which can indicate how enthusiastic a recipient is about the message
- Click rate comparisons between campaigns to help identify which marketing methods are superior
- You provide the HTML and plain text files, and the BOC sends it on your behalf
- Newly designed email templates to choose from
- BOC custom design* available for email and print campaigns
- Email blast is sent out by the BOC on purchaser’s behalf
- Discounted rate: $0.12 per name + set-up charge of $60
- Regular rate: $0.14 per name + set-up charge of $80
- Reminder email blast is sent out by the BOC on purchaser’s behalf; all reminders must be sent within 30 days of the initial message using the same list criteria as the original order; minor changes to the email content, such as updating dates, may be allowed at the BOC’s discretion
- Discounted rate: $0.07 per name
- Regular rate: $0.07 per name
*$100 hourly rates apply to full service custom design.
||11/7/2011 11:31:13 a.m.
||11/17/2011 5:55:52 p.m.
||10 days, 6 hours
|Average View Time
|Average Time Until Opened
||7 hours, 33 minutes
|Shortest Time Until Opened
||2 minutes, 46 seconds
|Longest Time Until Opened
||3 days, 4 hours
|Total Links Clicked
||8 (0.47 per open)
|Emails With 1+ Links Clicked
||8 (0.47 per open)
BOC mailing lists are an easy and convenient way to reach your athletic training audience. The BOC has more than 45,000 ATs. When using a BOC mailing lists you can Be Certain.
™ you are reaching active ATs. We have the largest and cleanest list of ATs in the United States and internationally. We can customize your list according to state, postal code, county, radius, NATA district, professional setting and date certified. Our services send a mailing list to a mail house of your choice. The BOC offers the AT mailing list to BOC Approved Providers at a discounted rate. This service includes competitive, discounted fees and saves time.
- Discounted rate: $0.09 per name
- Regular rate: $0.14 per name
- 1" x 25/8" pressure-sensitive, self-adhesive labels
- Discounted rate: $0.12 per name + shipping (no other set-up fees)
- Regular rate: $0.15 per name + shipping (no other set-up fees)
- 24-hour rush processing fee: $25 (custom orders may not be eligible for 24-hour rush processing)
Those that qualify for discount rates include, but are not limited to, BOC Approved Providers and researchers with IRB approval.
Please allow 3-5 business days from date of receipt of order form with payment, promotional materials/email content and signed One-Time Use Agreement for orders to be processed and sent (unless you have requested the 24-hour rush processing). Discount rate pertains to the discount for BOC Approved Providers. Please contact Mindy Lindquist, Sales and Marketing Manager, at (877) 262-3926 ext. 119 or
with questions pertaining to your order or on how to become a BOC Approved Provider for continuing education.
|BOC Main Page Slide Show
||Width: up to 940 pixels
Height: up to 350 pixels
|$2500 per month
|BOC Sub Pages – Left Column
||Width: up to 230 pixels
Height: up to 250 pixels
|*$1000 per month
|BOC Sub Pages – Bottom Column
||Width: up to 800 pixels
Height: up to 90 pixels
|*$800 per month
*Price per tabbed section
For more information about advertising packages and discounts, please contact Mindy Lindquist at (402) 559-0091 or
- Supply GIF, JPEG or clean, scan-ready art; the BOC can create an ad (using your logo and/or graphics) in an electronic file format
- All rates are subject to change
- Requirements and restrictions may vary; contact Mindy Lindquist for details
The BOC will host the eighth Athletic Trainer Regulatory Conference in July 2017. The conference has been designed to create a communication network among state Athletic Trainer leaders and state regulatory boards. Program topics are appropriate for all audiences with a vested interest in the athletic training profession, regulation, leadership and public protection.
As a sponsor, you will reach leaders and representatives of the athletic training and regulatory industries from all 50 states. Depending on the sponsorship you choose, your message can be distributed through March 2018. Your company sponsorship can touch thousands through our packages and with attendees bringing their knowledge back to their member organizations. In 2015, we had more than 100 distinguished representatives in attendance from 41 states and the District of Columbia.
See the 2017 Athletic Trainer Regulatory Conference Prospectus
Download Advertising Guidelines
The BOC accepts advertisers that provide products and services that benefit our readers. We will refuse any advertisement that we believe is incompatible with our mission. The presence of an ad on our website or in one of our publications or programs does not imply endorsement of the advertised company or product. Advertisers and sponsors must not make unsubstantiated claims or suggest that the BOC has endorsed a product. We reserve the right to refuse any advertising*.
The BOC maintains a distinct separation between advertising content and editorial content. All advertising content on the BOC’s website or in one of our publications or programs is clearly labeled as an advertisement. Sponsored areas of the site are labeled as such, and the sponsoring organizations are identified.
(Criteria subject to change without notice)
Eligible advertising includes:
Prohibited advertising includes:
- Advertisements for products and services of interest to Athletic Trainers may be considered, unless otherwise excluded
- Advertising must be factually accurate, must not be misleading and must be in good taste
- Advertising must adhere to human rights legislation and not discriminate on any prohibited grounds
Advertising formats that are prohibited include:
- Tobacco products
- Firearms and weapons
- Healthcare services (clinics, hospitals, procedures, lab testing)
- Legal (including malpractice)
- Gambling and lottery
- Political ads
- Social cause ads
- Religious ads
- Comparative advertising (no mention of competitive brand names within an ad banner)
- Pop-ups and floating ads or surveys
- Ads that have forms within them to collect personally identifiable information while a visitor is on www.bocatc.org
Premium ad placement positions are guaranteed. All other ads are placed according to pagination requirements and space available. In the event of cancellations, we do have a waiting list for advertisers. Advertisers on the waiting list will be notified as opportunity becomes available with BOC discretion based on scheduling deadlines.
Advertisers and/or advertising agencies assume liability for all advertising content and are responsible for claims made against the publisher arising from advertising. The BOC does not endorse any companies or products.
The BOC reserves the right to reject any advertisement. The BOC also may place the word “advertisement" with copy that, in the BOC’s opinion, resembles editorial matter. The BOC retains the right to decline or refuse any advertisement for any reason at any time without liability even though previously acknowledged and accepted and/or if, for any reason, it becomes necessary to omit the advertisement. Acceptance of an advertisement does not mean endorsement by the BOC of the products and/or services advertised, the advertising parties or the claims made in said advertisements. The BOC will not knowledgeably accept advertising that does not meet government regulations
Advertising and sponsorship criteria that must be met to allow the company to advertise or sponsor include:
- No implication of endorsement by the BOC of product or advertiser may be made
- The BOC retains final approval of all sponsor and product messages, banners and advertising copy that are directly linked or adjacent to the content; this includes verification of advertisement content and placement before it is produced on the site
- The advertisement, advertising icons and company logos must be displayed in such a way that they clearly are not part of the BOC website, publications or programs content
- The BOC reserves the right to reject, cancel or remove at any time any advertisement from the BOC website, publication or programs for any reason; in such a case, the BOC will provide prompt notice to the advertiser, together with an explanation; the BOC also reserves the right to determine the appropriate placement of the advertisement on the website
- Collecting and selling of mailing lists without the users' express permission is not allowed
All rates are quoted per issue and web rotation. BOC Approved Providers receive a 10 percent discount on all advertising. No agency discounts. Payment terms are net 30 days from date of invoice or unless otherwise specified. All prices are quoted in US dollars. No foreign currency will be accepted.
To cancel an advertising order, you must submit your cancellation request in writing to
a minimum of 30 days prior to the reservation deadline unless specified. Advertisers will be held accountable for all advertising fees if contracts are cancelled less than 30 days before the issue’s reservation deadline or specified cancellation date. If you have secured an issue within 30 days of the reservation deadline or after the specified cancellation date, your order cannot be cancelled. The individual who signs the contract signs as a representative of the advertiser’s company; and the burden of payment lies with the company, not the individual. The advertising company named on the contract is aware that if, for any reason, the individual whose signature is on the contract is no longer with the company, the company is still responsible for all fees associated with the agreement.
These guidelines are intended to provide general guidance. They are not inclusive or exhaustive and are subject to change at the discretion of the BOC at any time.
Please note: ads that use the term “trainer" instead of “athletic trainer" or “training room" instead of “athletic training facility" or "ATC" instead of "AT" or "NATABOC" instead of "BOC" will not be accepted. The BOC reserves the right to reject ads deemed improper for our audience.
To become a BOC Approved Provider, visit the BOC website
or call (877) 262-3926 and ask for the Professional Development Department.