Become an AP
The BOC Approved Provider Program was established to provide BOC Certified ATs with an extensive network of continuing education (CE) providers. BOC Approved Providers help ATs advance their knowledge, skills and abilities by offering CE courses and activities which fall under the domains of athletic training as defined in the current BOC Role Delineation/Practice Analysis. Participation in these approved programs assists ATs in maintaining their BOC certification while allowing them to select programs specific to their individual needs.
The BOC approves providers of CE activities, not individual live events. Provider approval is granted annually and covers any live event offered by the BOC Approved Provider, provided that the event falls within the domains of athletic training. Home study courses are approved on an individual basis under a separate application.
The BOC requires each AT to obtain 75 hours of CE activities during each 3-year reporting period. Currently, there are more than 1,100 BOC Approved Providers offering quality CE to more than 40,000 BOC Certified Athletic Trainers.
Please click here
to download the BOC Approved Provider Application in Adobe Acrobat format.
If you have any questions or would like an application mailed to you, please contact the Provider Relations Department by calling (877) 262-3926 ext. 120 or emailing
- Organization must comply with all guidelines as stated in the BOC Approved Provider Guidebook
- Organization must comply with the BOC’s Code of Ethics
- Organization must comply with the BOC audit system
- Organization must complete online or paper renewal application and pay annual renewal fee
- Content of program/event must fall within the performance domains of athletic training:
- Injury/Illness Prevention and Wellness Protection
- Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis
- Immediate and Emergency Care
- Treatment and Rehabilitation
- Organizational and Professional Health and Well-being
- Target audience must include Athletic Trainers as sole credential holders
- Course evaluation must be completed by all BOC Certified AT participants
- Records of attendance must be kept in organization's records for at least 4 years
- Documents of attendance must include organization's assigned BOC Approved Provider number and contact hours/CEUs along with the following statement:
Company Name is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for BOC Certified Athletic Trainers. This program has been approved for a maximum of X hours of Category A continuing education. BOC Certified Athletic Trainers are responsible for claiming only those hours actually spent participating in the continuing education activity.
BOC Approved Provider Number: PXXXX
Number of hours actually participated: _____
It is also encouraged that the BOC Approved Provider logo be included.
The BOC Provider Relations Department, located at the BOC office in Omaha, is committed to BOC Approved Providers of continuing education (CE). We are continually growing and changing to meet the needs of BOC Approved Providers.
New first-time and renewal application forms are easier to understand, take less time to complete and are generally processed within 3 weeks of receipt. Applicants have the convenience of using a credit card to pay for annual fees. The BOC accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Upon approval, BOC Approved Providers receive a BOC Approved Provider welcome packet that contains all the information needed to offer CE activities for BOC Certified Athletic Trainers.
BOC Approved Providers receive access to the content outline for the BOC Role Delineation/Practice Analysis, which is updated every 5 years. This study outlines and defines the duties of a BOC Certified Athletic Trainer and helps providers determine if a CE activity meets the BOC's CE guidelines.
Many opportunities are available for BOC Approved Providers to promote their CE programs:
- NEW: Advertising opportunities in the Cert Update and on nine prime locations of the BOC website
- Athletic Trainer Regulatory Conference event sponsorship or program advertising
- Listing of BOC Approved Provider contact information on the BOC website
- Listing of live events on the BOC's online Calendar of Events (click here to submit your events)
- Listing of approved home study courses in the BOC's online CE database
- Promotion of free and low cost CE options on the BOC website
- Links from the BOC website to BOC Approved Providers' websites
- Links from BOC Approved Providers' websites to the BOC website
- Discounted rate for BOC Certified Athletic Trainer mailing/email list services
- Spotlight on featured BOC Approved Providers on the BOC website as well as in the Cert Update publication and AP Update newsletter
- Listing of new BOC Approved Providers in the AP Update newsletter
BOC Approved Providers will receive a semi-annual e-newsletter specifically designed for them. This newsletter contains the latest information about CE, news from the BOC and trends in athletic training.
BOC Approved Providers will receive this semi-annual publication that is also mailed to all BOC Certified Athletic Trainers and available on the BOC website.